Kolkata Walk I


00 Kolkata Walk I - Ronald Ross Memorial Plaque at the Gate
00 Kolkata Walk I - Ronald Ross Memorial Plaque at the Gate

Kolkata Walk I

Coordinates: 22.5410° N, 88.3420° E
Address: S S K M Hospital, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Bhowanipore, Kolkata - 700020, West Bengal, India
Founded by: Job Charnock

It was a walk from Exide Mode on Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road through Hospital Road, Queens Way, Cathedral Road and Chowringee Road. The walk covered Ronald Ross Memorial Gate, Victoria Memorial Hall, St. Paul’s Cathedral, M. P. Birla Planetarium and ended at New Market. This was the Calcutta established in 1686 by Job Charnock and undergone innumerable transformations. This was a walk of discovery of The City of Joy, which was once the capital of India. This was a discovery walk for me as to confirm whether it is indeed the place of Indian renaissance. In that process, I learnt that there are very many things which I have to unfold to know about this multi-layered city.

01 Kolkata Walk I - Ronald Ross Memorial Gate

02 Kolkata Walk I - Academy of Fine Arts

03 Kolkata Walk I - B P Birla Planetarium

04 Kolkata Walk I - Victoria Memorial Hall

05 Kolkata Walk I - James Outram’s Equestrian Statue

06 Kolkata Walk I - Statue of Indira Gandhi at Indira Udyan

07 Kolkata Walk I - Saint Paul's Cathedral

08 Kolkata Walk I Maidan

09 Kolkata Walk I - New Market

10 Kolkata Walk I - Kolkata City Corporation


Photographs by the Author

 

Comment and follow Step by Step for more posts

Comments